Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update

Hey there everyone!!! First of all I want to thank you all for your support in my journey! I know I haven't posted in awhile but I have been busy working on my diet and everything I have to get in order before I go in for surgery. This part of the process is a long one but well worth it in the end!! So please forgive me if I don't update as much as I did in the beginning but it will pick up again soon.

Since my insurance does not pay for the surgery I am saving my pennies, so as soon as I have enough pennies I will be able to set my surgery date. Dr. Boyce and his staff have been very helpful, they offer a savings plan and as soon as enough money is saved up in the account it is surgery time!!!! This is a great option that is only offered to those of us who have gone through Dr. John's Call Center, so to get started call the Call Center and talk to Dr. John about Weight Loss Surgery!

On a lighter note (pun intended) I have been on the medical diet given to me during my last appointment and I have lost 4 pounds!!! I know it doesn't sound like much but it will be a huge help when I do in for surgery. The diet is geared to help you start your life style change and any weight loss will be beneficial to the surgeon during surgery, 1) less fat to cut trough to get to the stomach, 2) shrinks your liver so it is not in the way while the surgeon is in there doing the procedure 3) It helps kick start your life change and gets your mind set right so you can have optimal success after surgery 4) makes you feel good to loose some weight no matter how small the amount!!!

OK that is all for now, keep checking back and I will update you as I progress!!!

8 comments:

  1. great zee keep it up, bedbugbob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zee: I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Unfortunately I have not been so luck with my surgery. I have my surgery on Feb. 5th on this year and I have had nothing but problems. During the surgery they accidentally lacerated my spleen and it got infected. I have since been re-admitted to the hospital 4 times to drain abcesses of the spleen as well as fluis in my lungs. I have missed alot of work and alot of paychecks and now I am not only sick but I am a financial wreck. The only good thing I guess is that I have lost 145 lbs. But losing that much weight in such a short time is not a good thing. I started out at 337 lbs. and now weigh 192 lbs. If I had to do it all over again I would just remain fat and happy. Best of luck and I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I am sorry you had so much trouble, unfortunately there can be problems like with any major surgery and yes it is a MAJOR surgery!! I hope you get better soon so you can enjoy your new body! And thank you for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Zee good luck with everything with your surgery.I fell and refractured my left hip that was shattered in a wreck in 89'so I have been off the road since september.Im tryin to get my cobra started so I can get my new hip but thats hard to do with very little money comin in.But to get to what wanted to say 7 weeks ago I started goin to water aeroobics and so far I have lost 34 pounds of corse I am takin it too extreams.I am doin 12 water classes a week and also runnin in the water for 2 to 3 hours a day.My goal next week is 9 pounds and WHEN I make that goal I will be 399 pounds.then I will slow down cause I dont want to lose too much too quick.I am feelin better than I have felt in 20 years.I will be prayin for you darlin........Jim Kirk a.k.a.The Mid Nite Toe Sucker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zee:

    An update....I wrote you back on June 26th about all the problems I have been having since my surgery. Well, it is getting better. I have been out of the hospital for 3 weeks now and back on the road. I have my fingers crossed though, because I seem to have a setback about every 3-4 weeks. I am now down to 182 lbs. and still losing weight a little too quick I feel. I have gone from a size 48 waist to a size 30 now. It sure feels good not to have to pay extra $$$ for the big sizes for once. I will keep you informed if it goes bad again...(hope not).

    ReplyDelete
  6. 56 pounds gone in 10 weeks I havent been below 400 since the year 2000 i think but I am down to 386lbs. only 136 more to go.....jim kirk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Jim!!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future. magenverkleinerungs op

    ReplyDelete