Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazy Hormones

My body is still all out of whack. My monthly schedule is all messed up which in turn makes my emotions like a roller coaster ride (and not the fun kind). The doctor says that everything should level out now that I have passed the 6 month mark. I hope it goes back to normal soon. I am thinking I should probably make an appointment with my psychologist to make sure I am still on the right dose of my meds since my body has gone through all these changes.

Another side effect of the rapid weight loss is hair loss. Thank goodness I had thick hair to begin with because I have lost a ton of hair! I keep cutting it shorter and shorter because I can not stand the feel of thin hair. Nobody can tell that I have lost hair but I know and so I try and keep it styled so I don't get down about it being thinner. Again the doctor says I should start to get my hair back now.

It is hard to believe all this craziness is caused by a hormone change. On the plus side as of today I have lost 118 pounds! I only have 32 more pounds till I'm at my goal and then I get to start thinking about reconstruction, if I need any. Which right now I don't think I will need any but only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am sOoOo very happy for you regarding your weight loss and appreciate that you have taken the time to help others during your journey. I went to the seminar and will go to my surgical consult this Tuesday, in Knoxville. I am scared yet very excited. It might seem vain but I am worried about my hair as well - if you have any tips about hair loss, please let us know. Wishing you continued success! Sincerely, Tammy

    ReplyDelete