Monday, September 14, 2009

Insurance for the Un-Insured!

Alrighty everyone I am in the home stretch, I have 27 days till my surgery day! One thing I was a bit worried about the surgery is the aftercare since I don't have insurance I was scared about what might happen incase I have complications! All of my worries where put to rest, last time I talked to Dr. Boyce he told me about this awesome coverage that is provided for his self pay patients. It is basically Post-Op insurance for people that don't have insurance, "Insurance for the Un-Insured".

It is called BLIS and it is only available through pre-approved surgeons. Yup you guessed it my wonderful Dr. Boyce is one of those selected to offer this awesome program! When Dr. Boyce told me about the insurance he was very excited to be able to offer this to his self pay patients. It gives us piece of mind. Dr Boyce has an excellent success rate and an extremely low complication percentage so I am positive I won't need to use BLIS but it is nice to know it is there just in case. Better to be safe than to be sorry!

Not every surgeon can be approved for BLIS it is a process they have to go through, and only the best is welcomed to offer BLIS.

Here is a link so you can read more about the BLIS program offered to Dr. Boyce's self-pay patients BLIS

All right y'all thats it for this post...... More to come....soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment