Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My next hard Decision

I finally found MY surgeon!!!! I am very excited after spending many months “interviewing” doctors I finally found one I am comfortable with. And the winner is……… Dr. Boyce.

Now for a bit about how I found a surgeon and things that you should look for:

I had no idea where to start so I used good old Google to help me locate a local surgeon’s here in Nashville. After calling several doctor’s office’s I found out that they hold informational seminar’s to explain more about the procedures and so you can ask the surgeon’s question’s they also give you a packet of information and paper work to fill out just incase you decide to carry on. I went a couple here in Nashville and learned a lot. I knew the surgery was right for me and I knew which procedure I wanted to have done I just hadn’t found the doctor that I wanted to work with. My search continued for several more months until one day while at work we had this awesome guest on the show for “Coffee with the Doc” (you guessed it, it was Dr. Boyce) we talked a bit after the show (as much time is aloud in my busy day like 3 minutes, haha) and then I called back and talked to some of the great people that work in his office.

After talking to Dr. Boyce and his staff I decided that maybe it was time to look outside of Nashville for a surgeon I feel comfortable with. So I made the trip to Knoxville to see what they had to offer me.

I could tell from the moment I walked in the seminar that this team was different and that I was on the right track. The seminar they conducted was not like any other one I had been to, it was a million times better. I walked out of the seminar with a sense of security in knowing that this team really cared about me and my success. I was really excited to get the ball rolling and meet with Dr. Boyce for my consultation!!


Here are few tips for choosing your weight loss medical team:
  • Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
  • That there is a support team, you are not just choosing a surgeon you are choosing the whole team- Nurses, dietitian, exercise trainer- a good team is very important because they will be your support system before and after surgery they are a key to your weight loss success.
  • Support groups are also very important here is a link to a support group- Knoxville Weight Loss Surgery Support Group

2 comments:

  1. What was so different about Dr. Boyce that you weren't able to find in Nashville? I'm in Knoxville and have a info seminar scheduled for Oct 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was so different about Dr. Boyce that you weren't able to find in Nashville? I'm in Knoxville and have a info seminar scheduled for Oct 6.

    ReplyDelete