Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Next stop, the Consultation

All right now we are rocking and rolling!!!! Next stop consultation with Dr Boyce, I am excited to finally get to sit down with him one on one and chat about my options and what will be best for me.

Yay tests! And the hard kind I didn’t even have to study for these ones. First thing is first we get to find out what my BMI is, the way BMI is calculated by using your height and weight then the fancy machine pops up this magical percentage (well not exactly but the height and weight part is true but the rest is determined by some math equation I don’t know or understand I assume). So as of May 13, 2009 I am 5’9” (which I am excited about because that means I grew and inch) and I weigh 300 pounds so that means I have a BMI of 44%. According to Mimi (that’s what I named the machine that calculated all this) I should weigh 143 pounds, which mean I am carrying around more than double my ideal weight that is 156 extra pounds I am lugging around everyday! So that was the standing there test (yes I renamed them all) next I get to do the breath into the bag test that one was super easy too, and they gave me this yummy lemonade to drink, at least I thought it was yummy since I was starving since I couldn’t eat before the appointment so I could get all these fun tests done.

After doing the ‘Breath into the bag’ test I got to talk with Dr. Boyce we went over my options and we talked about what my goals are and which procedures would do me the most good. And then I had to do the worst test of the day I had to put a close pin like contraption on my nose and breath into a tube for ten minutes!!! I know it sounds silly but really I was not liking my nose being pinch and breathing through a tube and it is hurts your jaw to keep it open that long.

But the good news is after all my suffering all my tests came back normal so I am now ready to rock and roll!!! I did need blood work done also but I had that done a couple weeks before at a lab in Nashville so I just brought the results with me.

Now I get to go home and make the final decision on what procedure I want to have done, YIKES another major decision!!!

1 comment:

  1. Z. Congratulations on deciding to drop the excess pounds. You will be fighting an up hill battle for a few months then you will be FREE. After that, the rest will be easy.
    Your knees will thank you and your heart will too.
    Way to go. Your an inspiration to many.
    Shopping will be fun again.

    Bless you for your courage and strength in taking this huge step to improve your health.



    Crusader

    ReplyDelete