Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recovery Time

Every person and every procedure has it's own personalized recovery time, so this is something you will not know exactly until you meet with your doctor and decided which procedure is right for you.

As for me I have chosen to have the 'Sleeve' done, which will be done laparoscopicly (laparoscopic surgery has a shorter recovery time) my down time will be anywhere from 2-4 weeks. The good news is they do not want you to lay in bed you will be up and moving around right after surgery, so you won't be bed ridden you just can do strenuous activities, like work. Personally I do not have a physical job but I do have strenuous chores at home, like walking my giant dog, so I will need help around the house for about a month to make sure I heal properly.

1 comment:

  1. Z can we get some comments from truckers who have had weight loss surgery and how it affected them getting in and out of a truck and driving. I also would like to hear form flat bedders and tanker drivers as well.

    Dr John

    ReplyDelete