Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What next?

Ok so where do I start?

I started with a basic Internet search (but you need to be careful there is a ton of miss information out there!) I spent 6 months close to obsessed with finding out every detail of every option I had available to me in the whole world!!!!

Here are a few websites that I found helpful in answering some of my preliminary questions.


Here a few guidelines you can look through to see if you may be a candidate for WLS:

-100 pounds or more of excess weight; or a BMI of 40 or greater
(Excess weight is the difference between the patient’s actual weight and a healthy weight.)

-A BMI of 35 or greater with one or more co-morbid conditions

Some common Co-Morbid conditions:
* Type 2 diabetes
* Heart disease,
* High blood pressure
* High cholesterol
* Obstructive sleep apnea
* Acid reflux/GERD,
* Cancer
* Depression
* Osteoarthritis and joint pain
* Stress urinary incontinence
* Female reproductive health disorder

If you have any questions or think Weight Loss Surgery is right for you call The Dr John Truckers On Call Center at 865-862-8902 tell them you want to talk about WLS with Dr John!!

No comments:

Post a Comment